As you know we have been working on the most wonderful collaboration with Children's book series, Burlington Bear,
and we can't wait to share more with you over the coming weeks. In the meantime, Burlington Bear has kindly put together his favourite Muffin recipe just in time for some Mother's Day baking! Over to you Burlington...
These are my favourite muffins and I thought you might like to try and make them for your Mummy to say thank you on Mother’s Day.
First of all you must wash your paws with lots of soap and water, cook is very particular about my paws being clean here at Number One Piccadilly.
Remember to put on a large apron so you don’t splash your clothes with mixture. I always get cook to help me with the oven as it's hotter than a volcano so make sure you ask an adult to supervise!
Try not to get in such a pickle as the three little kittens Rosie, Lula & Louis!
2 small ripe bananas mashed
100 g of caster sugar (you may use golden castor sugar)
55 g of softened butter or margarine (i.e flora or stork)
half teaspoon of vanilla essence
quarter of teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
125 g self raising flour
60 g of sultanas or chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 160 C fan or 180 C. Line a muffin tray with either 8 muffin cases or 12 fairy cake cases. Now very carefully measure all the ingredients out except the sultanas or chocolate chips, and put into a mixing bowl.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together except the sultanas and chocolate chips in a food processor or electric mixer.
3. When the mixture is thoroughly mixed together add the sultanas or chocolate chips.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases trying not to lick the spoon or your paws!
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes until golden and risen.
6. When cooked make sure an adult takes them out of the oven and put them on a wire rack to cool.
7. Why not ice them in your mummy's favourite colour and add some sprinkles or decorations?
Happy Mother’s Day from everyone at Burlington Bear and Rosie & Lula